Prophecy in the Psalms.


It was brought to my attention by a comment posted on a web-forum that there appears to be prophetic themes in the Psalms. This is something that I had not considered as the Psalms are songs written primarily by the Kings David and Solomon. The originator of the theory based his premise on the fact that Psalms is the nineteenth book of the Bible and the forty-eighth from the end of the Bible and Gospel, and the state of Israel was recognised by the United Nations in 1948. I considered this a bit of a stretch because when the Psalms were written there was only the Old Testament so they were not the forty-eighth from the end of the Bible and secondly the years on the Hebrew calendar do not coincide with the dates on the commonly used calendar.

That being said I know that scribes were taught to be very careful and accurately transcribe Biblical passages because as the living word of G-d it is believed that to change a single letter may change the fate of the world. So with a different point of view I decided to reread the Psalms to see how the suggestion of prophecy might reconcile with history. The outcome was quite surprising, most seemed to have no direct bearing and as there are only 150 Psalms any prophecies must relate to only a portion of a Psalm or be repeated. According to Hebrew tradition every fiftieth year is a Jubilee Year so 150 Psalms would represent three Jubilees, interesting because there is an ancient text called the Book of Jubilees, which is also known as The Little Genesis. The prophecy would have to be a pattern of recurring themes but in modern times there are sufficient coincides of Psalms relating to current events to at least imply that the Bible exerts some control over our lives.

Obviously it would take an enormous effort to try and relate every event in history to a Psalm but just by selecting significant years in the last century and comparing those to lines in Psalms we can assess how likely it is that there is a link. The Psalms were written about three thousand years ago so the likelihood of current events being identified with lines in any of the 150 Psalms should be zero but one or two could be regarded as coincidence, any more than that is indicative of a connection.

The following are some lines from Psalms that appear to have commonality with events that occurred in years that are numbered the same as particular Psalms.

1918 – WWI and the British are victorious over Turkey freeing Israel (Palestinian Mandate) from the rule of the Muslim Ottoman Empire.
Psalm 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me.
            18:48 He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man.
            18:49 Therefore I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the Gentiles, and sing praises to your name.
This is interesting because although Muslim control was removed Israel remained under Gentile (British) control.

The Nazi years preceding WWII; 1935 Psalm 35:7 For without cause they have hidden their net for me in a pit, which they have dug without cause for my life.
1936 Psalm 36:1 An oracle within in my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked: there is no Fear of G-d before his eyes.
The Holocaust 1939-1945.
Psalm 40:12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me; my iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head; therefore my heart fails me.
Psalm 40:13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me, make haste to help me.
Psalm 42:10 As with a breaking of my bones, my enemies reproach me, while they say to me all day long, “Where is your G-d?”
Psalm 43:22 Yet for Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
The Nazis were defeated in 1945 which appears to be reflected in the beginning of Psalm 45:1 My heart is overflowing with a good theme; …

In 1948 the United Nations partitioned Britain’s Palestinian Mandate and created the countries of Iraq, Israel, Jordan and Lebanon. Prior to this the Biblical prediction of a Jewish return to Israel had seemed impossible, but Psalm 48 appears to have some reference to the United Nations meeting.
Psalm   48:4 For behold, the kings assembled together, they passed by together.
            48:5 They saw it, and so they marvelled; they were troubled, they hastened away.
            48:6 Fear took hold of them there, and pain, as of a women in birth pangs,

In 1967 came an even more startling prophetic fulfilment when during the Six Day War Israel regained control of Jerusalem. Psalm 67 is extremely short having only seven verses and the seventh says,
Psalm 67:7 G-d shall bless us, and all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.

Having identified sufficient apparent links to be more than mere coincidence I decided to see what the Psalms might indicate about current events and Psalm 109 caught me completely by surprise because of its apparent link to events happening in 2009.
Psalm 109:2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful have opened against me; they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
109:3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, and fought against me without a cause.
This was surprising because of two 2009 events, a blood libel published by a Swedish newspaper that claimed Israel was selling Arab body parts for organ transplants. An illegal transaction under Israeli law and which even the reporter who wrote the story admitted had no supporting evidence and he had no knowledge of its truth, surely a case of lack of journalistic integrity. The second item was the Goldstone Report an extremely biased report commissioned by the UN Human Rights Council which includes states known for having questionable records with regards to human rights or a history of hostility towards Israel, including Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Pakistan, Bahrain, Mauritius and Qatar. The UNHRC has consistently discriminated against Israel and the mandate for the Goldstone Mission was obviously no different.

Psalm 118 was extremely short and contained no obvious events but Psalm 119 is one of the longest in the whole Israel Bible; implying that 2019 will bring a multitude of events.




 Don’t forget to view my books, comment below or go to the forum


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Age of Lunacy

Books published

The destruction of Victoria